July 16, 2011

It's been a while

July has been fun.

Jerry and I spent a great 10 days in Chicago.  Jerry started turning over, teething, and pulling his pacifier out of his mouth.  He had his 4 mos birthday.  He stopped sleeping through the night  (not that fun).

After a rough reintroduction with Grandma Janie, Jerry is back in good sorts with his Grandmother.  She was even able to put a very difficult Gerald to sleep our last night there.  She read him books, played the piano with him, and showed him her garden.  He's a big fan of peek-a-boo with her as well.

He met Chicago family and loves each one of them.  My uncle Billy told me he was going to call Gerald "Pooche", my father's nickname.  We'll see if that holds true.  He also met the newest member of our family,  my Godmother's daughter, Melanee Wallace Dahl, who is 2 mos younger than him.  It was great to be able to see her during the visit and  amazing to think that Gerald was once so small.

I have great photos of playdates we had during our visits...but I seem to have missed placed my sony camera cord, so we'll see those photos at a later date.  I can only hope Jerry continues to be so pleasant to everyone who ever wants to talk to him.

1 comment:

Anne Potter said...

I CANNOT believe I missed you being in Chicago. A thousand apologies!

Of course he loved Grandma Janie - who wouldn't?! I must start stalking your travel plans and meet Mr. Gerry soon. (Or I'll actually die.)