August 25, 2011

presbyterians

So, we're Presbyterians now.  We joined Reid Memorial on Monday night.  It's been a long haul to find our church and I'm glad we've found a home.  I am slightly disappointed that they decided to discontinue the early service literally an hour after we joined.  C'est la vie.

Gerald went to his first Mother's Day Out this week as well.  When I dropped him off I put him on the floor to play and then filled out some notes for Miss Whitney, his caregiver.  After speaking with her, I walked over to say goodbye to him and he arched his back and reached out, showing me he wanted to be picked up.  It was slightly heartbreaking.   But, I distracted him with a toy and walked out.  When I came to pick him up 4 hours later he was laughing in an exersaucer.  He was also very happy to see me.  So, the best of both worlds.

We're busy preparing for our trip to NY now. Gerald has amped up his eating schedule. Seriously, will it ever get better than every 2 hours?  And wasn't really into doing any alone play today.  So, there's still a bit to do.  
One thing I can cross off the list though is going to the library for audio books, as I have discovered I can download them from home.  Woo hoo.  Now Robbin and I just have to agree on books.  And...
 clean the kitchen
pack my stuff  (Robbin & Gerald are done)
put the diapers in the dryer
find my car key (somewhere in my car, so it won't take that long)
shower,
mow the lawn (ok, Robbin is going to do that tomorrow am)
wrap Craigory's birthday gift
verify our route doesn't intersect Irene
reply to an email from a friend that is about 1 month over due, and another that is about a week
gather dr.'s numbers to call to schedule appts for the month while on the drive
prepare Gerald's "feed bag" for the trip, already expressed milk, the pump, ice packs, and car charger
update blog (oops...done.)

No comments: