September 8, 2011

6 months and a day.

Time flies.  To paraphrase wise Donna, the days are long but the months are short.  Days are especially long when there isn't lots of sleep.  Gerald slept through the night for all of June then gave that up.  Right now he gets up 2 times a night or more.  It is always to eat and he goes right back down; so it's not that bad.

I remember leaving the house in March and thinking, oh my, when we come back we will have a baby.  And I really didn't understand how full he would make our house.  Not only with all the gear a baby comes with, but also with his tiny presence.

I'm a bit anxious about the next 6 months.  More baby proofing, weaning,  crawling, walking, teething.  But I'm so excited to find out more about this amazing, little, joyful man.

As I've done before, let me take this time to tell you what we know about Gerald so far.

  • He enjoys chewing on things.  His favorites:  the cup you are drinking out of at the time and paper.  Occasionally, the end of a table.
  • He spits up very nonchalantly.  You won't even hear him and then notice you are covered in a white mess.
  • He loves you.  Whoever you are, as long as you are talking to him, looking at him, smiling at him.  
  • He is strong, as demonstrated when he lifted a grate off of Chad's stove or when he pulled my hair so hard I turned around.
  • He doesn't crawl or scoot.  He angles his hips in the desired direction and rolls where he needs to go.
  • He likes story time as long as it is a short book.
  • He can sit for approximately 10 seconds and tripod for about 30 seconds.  And I wonder if his height hurts him when trying to balance.
  • He believes he can feed himself. Be in bottle, spoon or breast, he believes he can hold and maneuver it to get the food.
  • He squeals and sometimes give a guttural,"huh, huh, huh" laugh.
  • He loves being outdoors.  (and I'm grateful he tolerates hats)
  • He would like to bite your nose.

1 comment:

Donna said...

The baby laughs are so awesome!!