May 9, 2013

4 mos

Oh my goodness time passes quickly.  I take many photos, but never seem to have to time to upload or edit them.

Doug had only gained 1lb from birth at his 2 mos appointment so we started formula and Zantac. He definitely gaining weight now but we still spend our day covered in spit up.  Soaked.  I see I wrote that he was a good sleeper at 1 month.  I remember that.  I used to have to wake him up to nurse.  Not so much anymore.  He only sleeps about 2-3 hours at any given stretch.  We just transitioned him to the crib in the guest room.  And that really isn't helping anyone sleep more right now.  But we'll get there.  CIO will probably come in some form after the trip to Chicago.

Doug is extremely happy.  He coos.  He smiles.  He laughs.  He watches the world with amazement. When he is really exciting he kicks ones leg over and over again like a horse. He gets upset if there are people around and no one is talking directly to him or smiling at him.  He has an amazingly strong grip, much stronger than his brother's was.  

Gerald is much more interested in Douglas than he used to be.  And it is a little heart breaking how good he is at independent play now that I often cannot do whatever he wants me to because I'm tending to Douglas.  Gerald used to call Doug "noise".  But that only happens occasionally now...and Gerald is certain he is being hilarious.  Gerald likes to read to himself now.  He will close the door to his room and I will find him in the big chair with a book in his lap.  For Baby Bear, Baby Bear, he says the name of the animal on each page.  For One Fish, Two Fish, he says, "Boo fish" for almost every page.

One day I will get the birth story up.  And the photos.  I will.  I will. I will.  But right now I have a tornado of a house to deal with and a baby to tend to.


No comments: